I am really confused about something and am wondering if it could be a sign of a problem… My boyfriend the other night smacked me extremely hard on my private area…including my clitoris. It was extremely painful…and freaked me out. I have had issues with him being a controlling person..but when this happened, it sent me over the edge. We have only been dating for 2 months..and I noticed the sex had started getting more aggressive..hair pulling, etc. Anyway, I broke up with him. Have you ever heard of a guy enjoying hitting a woman in that area??? confused
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.
Do not be confused. I have never heard of anyone liking to be hit in the area you mention. It has the tone of something your ex boy friend could have gotten from pornography. In any case, it seems to me that he has a lot to learn about human sexuality and about human relations.
Now, having stated this I have to admit that sometimes there is no accounting for what some people like. In other words, there are men and women who may like and enjoy practices that the rest of us would avoid at all costs.
All I can do is reassure you that you have nothing to be confused about and that you made the Absolutely Right Decision with regard to this former boy friend… in my very honest opinion. You see, all that really matters is that his behavior was not acceptable to you. Hold fast to your beliefs, preferences and choices and never compromise on anything you may find objectionable. As far as I am concerned you made a great decision and you need worry about nothing else.
Best of Luck to you.
Therapists are Standing By to Treat Your Depression, Anxiety or Other Mental Health Needs
More "Ask Dr. Schwartz" View Columnists