My current boyfriend and I have been together a little over 3 years. He is insistent on performing [sex acts on me that I don’t like and that make me] physically sick. He has told me that he wants me to do these thing because he “wants all of me” and that since I do not like to perform these acts that I am a prude. Therefore he has gone to the internet and chosen to pick up with some other women that by their screen names do not have the highest of morals. Am I a prude like he says? I am beginning to feel like I am inadequate and worthless.
- ‘Anne’ is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- ‘Anne’ bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by ‘Anne’ to people submitting questions.
- ‘Anne’, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. ‘Anne’ and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.
In no way are you a “prude” if you don’t share your boyfriend’s sexual appetites. You merely have different ideas about what you like. You are NOT less of a person for disliking the sort of sexuality your boyfriend has pushed on you. By the way. In case you’ve not noticed, your boyfriend’s behavior is abusive and domineering. It is totally demeaning for him to insist on sexual acts that you don’t want to perform. It is almost a form of rape. It is also demeaning for him to be soliciting sex on the internet. This is NOT a man who is capable of intimacy or love. This is not a man that you want for a husband or even a boyfriend (unless you are so damaged from childhood abuse that you think being demeaned and disrespected is about as much as you deserve). I’m here to tell you that you deserve more than this. Drop this bum and find someone who will treat you with respect.