I have a question and I desperately need help. I think that I’m bisexual. Well I have this friend and I’m totally attracted to her…I think I’m in LOVE with her. And the problem is that we are kinda only like “hi” “bye” friends. I have a couple real good friends that hang out with her. I dunno what I should do. Usually when I like someone I am not nervous around them. And I’m totally nervous around her. Oh, I’m so confused. I have one more question. I was wondering when do you think it would be safe to start telling people that I’m bi…like come out of the closet?
- ‘Anne’ is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- ‘Anne’ bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by ‘Anne’ to people submitting questions.
- ‘Anne’, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. ‘Anne’ and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.
First of all, is the girl you’re attracted to bisexual as well? Often we fall in love with our idea of a person instead of who they actually are. This is why it is necessary to know the person before proclaiming our love for them. Is it possible that you are attracted to her in a nonsexual manner? It is common to feel attraction toward someone of the same sex without being bisexual or homosexual. Many people question their sexuality. A period of experimenting sexually with members of the same and opposite sex is natural, and does not mean that you are straight or gay. Don’t jump to conclusions. I suggest waiting a while before announcing your sexuality. You want to be sure before confiding in others. You should also be comfortable with yourself before you expect others to be comfortable with you. Don’t expect everyone to accept your decision. Best of luck, – Anne