I’m looking for a chat room for parents of bipolar teens, but can’t seem to find anything besides nasty talking, airwave cloggers! Any sites that you are aware of such as support parents, etc.? Hope it’s OK that I’m not confused or heart broken!
- ‘Anne’ is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- ‘Anne’ bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by ‘Anne’ to people submitting questions.
- ‘Anne’, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. ‘Anne’ and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.
I am aware of several general, bipolar chat rooms. They are not specific to parents of bipolar teens, but family members are welcome, and there’s a good chance that you will meet others such as yourself. The only way to be sure that these chat rooms are free of trouble makers is to stop by and monitor what’s being said… http://www.windsofchange.com/chat.html http://www.theport.com/chat.html http://www.support-group.com/cgi-bin/sg/chat_register?2 http://www.harbor-of-refuge.org/harborchat.html http://bipolar.miningco.com/mpchat.htm http://www.geocities.com/~bluegoo_katkel/chatrooms/index.html Also, here is a small list of bipolar bulletin boards. Perhaps others more closely affected by this disorder will be more knowledgeable of online support. http://mentalhelp.net/bbs/ http://www.playingwithmatches.com/bpboard/ http://idealist.com/wounded_healer/interact/Bipolar/ Hope that helps, – Anne