Wading Through Mud


For the past 6 months or so there has been a problem with my mental health, although I’ll be damned if I know what it is… At times I could equate attempting to think with wading through mud, and at other times my mind feels almost as if it is aflame… I’ve experienced a loss in my ability to articulate. All in all i feel like my mind is decomposing, deteriorating, and I would really appreciate it if you could perhaps hint at what the hell is going on.

This Disclaimer applies to the Answer Below
  • Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
  • Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
  • Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
  • No correspondence takes place.
  • No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
  • Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
  • Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.

There is no way to know what is happening to you based on what you’ve offered here – these symptoms could mean many things, ranging from drug side effects (legal or prescribed), cognitive and/or medical problems, mental illness, etc. take your experiences seriously and see a doctor who can diagnose what is happening to you. If it was me, I’d want to undergo a complete workup covering your physical health as well as your mental health. A psychiatrist is likely to be best able to coordinate this sort of care.


More "Ask Dr. Dombeck" View Columnists



Myndfulness App

Designed to Help You Feel Better Daily

Myndfuless App Rating

Download Now For Free

Learn More >