Ending A Relationship


My gay partnership is having problems. We have many joint debts. Please advise to an organization that can assist me in ending my relationship with legal help

This Disclaimer applies to the Answer Below
  • ‘Anne’ is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
  • ‘Anne’ bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
  • Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
  • Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
  • No correspondence takes place.
  • No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by ‘Anne’ to people submitting questions.
  • ‘Anne’, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. ‘Anne’ and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
  • Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.

I tried looking for many sites on this topic, but had trouble. You could try asking someone at http://www.qrd.org/ or other gay Web pages. I found one lawyer firm that mentioned it and they might help you find someone in your area. It appears as if they have experience with divorce, and debts, and homosexual partnerships, so they might be helpful. I do not know anything about them though so take this with a grain or salt. Their page is http://www.tiac.net/users/davecain/roper.html Other than that I am sorry that things didn’t work out with your partner. Best of luck, – Anne

More "Ask Anne" View Columnists