Please help me! I am married, with a 3 year-old little girl. I am not happy and I don’t know if I should get divorced and quit my job. My husband makes me sick, and yet I love him?! I get so angry at my little girl; not because of her, but because of her father and me. I don’t hit her. I just get angry. I hate any one else disciplining her. She is somewhat spoiled. She can be mean, but she is only 3. My husband is depressed. To me, he is no good for anything. He does work, but some times that is NOT enough! I am so frustrated and I don’t know where to begin to get my life on track! Any suggestions?
- ‘Anne’ is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- ‘Anne’ bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by ‘Anne’ to people submitting questions.
- ‘Anne’, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. ‘Anne’ and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.
You sound like you are under extreme amounts of stress. Although all of your problems will not go away, learning coping skills and techniques will improve the way that you deal with the stress. Instead of getting angry at your daughter (and yourself) try to calm yourself down. Therapy would be beneficial for you to stop your anger. Listen to your husband to find out what is upsetting him, and then tell him, without accusing him, what is bothering you. This will start bringing things under some control. But as I said, therapy could be very helpful for you. Sincerely, – Anne