1-888-993-3112

Reunited

Question:

I recently got in touch with an old friend. We were the best of friends in college, and lost touch for about 10 years. I came across her email on the Internet, and we’ve called each other a couple of times. Is it possible for two friends to pick up where they left off? We were inseparable. I really did miss her, and am glad to have relocated her. She seems happy to hear from me too…

Answer:

Yes, it is possible to pick up where you left off, but there is really no way of knowing from the onset. You must keep in mind that a lot can happen in ten years. I don’t think any one of us is the same person we were ten years ago, but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. If neither one of you has undergone a dramatic change in personality, then I don’t see why the two of you can’t rekindle what you had years ago. Just give yourselves some time to get caught up. Keep in mind that both of you have new responsibilities and priorities… Best of luck, – Anne