(HealthDay News) -- When you're constantly on the go, fast food may be the only option for your children.
The American Heart Association suggests these healthier choices at fast food restaurants:
- Order just a sandwich or burger without any sides.
- If you do opt for a side, skip the fries and choose vegetables or fruit.
- Order a baked potato and skip the burger.
- Choose just one topping to avoid loading up on fat and calories.
- Choose chicken that's grilled instead of fried. And request it on a wheat bun.
- Skip soda in favor of low-fat milk, 100 percent juice or water.
This article: Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.