(HealthDay News) -- Using healthier cooking methods is an easy way to cut calories and fat from your diet.
The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute mentions these healthier cooking tips:
- Bake foods in the oven, or roast in the oven at a higher temperature than baking.
- Broil under direct heat in the oven, or grill outdoors.
- Braise foods by browning on the stove, then finish cooking in a small amount of liquid inside the oven.
- Microwave (avoid plastic), or steam food by placing a steam basket over a pot of simmering water.
- Poach by cooking in a simmering liquid (such as vinegar or broth) until cooked through and tender.
- Sautee by cooking in a pan with a small amount of healthy oil, or stir-fry.
This article: Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.