(HealthDay News) -- Chronic pain can interfere with daily life, making it difficult to assume daily responsibilities.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these suggestions to help manage chronic pain:
- Be an educated patient. Learn about your condition and speak with your doctor about your concerns.
- Each day, schedule time for exercise, rest and relaxation.
- When you're having a good day, remember not to overdo it. Make sure your goals are realistic.
- Think positively.
- Join a support group for people with chronic pain.
- Quit smoking and avoid alcohol, which can affect sleep.
This article: Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.