(HealthDay News) -- Cradle cap is a common condition in babies, causing flaking on the scalp.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests these remedies to treat cradle cap:
- Wash hair frequently with a gentle shampoo or cleanser, and gently brush with a soft-bristled brush.
- Use a dandruff shampoo if your pediatrician recommends it.
- Don't put baby oil on baby's scalp, as it can cause build up.
- Rub petroleum jelly into baby's scalp to help moisturize and loosen scales.
- Use a hydrocortisone cream or lotion if approved by your pediatrician.
This article: Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.