(HealthDay News) -- Dust mites can worsen allergies and asthma symptoms. But keeping your home clean can help keep dust mites at bay.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency offers these suggestions to help banish dust mites:
- Wash all linens and bedding weekly in very hot water, and dry completely.
- Protect mattresses and pillows with dust-proof covers.
- Make sure all carpets and furniture are cleaned weekly with a vacuum equipped with a HEPA filter.
- Give children washable stuffed toys, and wash these items regularly in hot water.
- Dust your home frequently with a damp cloth.
This article: Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.