(HealthDay News) -- Recovering after having a baby takes time, patience and extra care.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers suggestions for new mothers:
- Be sure to drink eight to 10 glasses of water each day.
- Be prepared for vaginal discharge.
- Don't lift anything heavy.
- Avoid using stairs until your doctor has given you the OK.
- Don't drive until you can comfortably wear a seat belt, make quick movements and your doctor tells you it's OK.
- Call your doctor if you have redness or swelling at the incision.
This article: Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.