(HealthDay News) -- Sufficient sleep is essential to help you feel sharp, focused and well. So, are you getting enough?
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these guidelines by age:
- Newborns need 16 hours to 18 hours of sleep each day.
- Children in preschool need 11 hours to 12 hours of sleep per day.
- School-aged children should get a minimum of 10 hours of sleep per day.
- Teens should get a minimum of nine hours of sleep each day.
- Adults, including seniors, need seven hours to eight hours of sleep daily.
This article: Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.