(HealthDay News) -- Healthy habits are key to a healthier lifestyle and weight loss, but it's not always easy.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these suggestions:
- Eat breakfast every morning, and make it a healthy one. Opt for lean proteins, whole grains, and fruit and vegetables.
- Limit coffee intake to no more than three cups per day, and avoid adding fattening creamers and sugar.
- Bring your lunch to work every day. Stock up on healthier essentials, such as baked chicken, steamed rice, fruit and veggies and whole-grain bread.
- Buy and eat more fruit and vegetables.
- Avoid takeout, and cook dinner at home. Preparing meals during weekends can be a big time-saver during the week.
This article: Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.