(HealthDay News) -- When you're ready to get back in shape after baby is born, remember that slow and steady is the healthy way to go.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these suggestions:
- Give your body at least a month to recover from childbirth before you try to lose weight.
- Never skip meals. Focus on eating nutrient-rich, healthy foods -- rather than counting calories.
- Drink six to eight glasses of water per day, more if breast-feeding.
- Eat at least 4 1/2 cups of fruit and vegetables each day.
- Eat healthy, protein-packed snacks during the day.
- Slowly work your way back to a regular exercise routine, and avoid any fad diets that purport to make you lose weight quickly.
This article: Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.