(HealthDay News) -- Losing those extra pounds represents only half of the challenge -- the other half is keeping the weight off.
The Weight-control Information Network offers these maintenance tips:
- Make sure you vary your routine with new exercises and activities, a new workout buddy, and new recipes and foods.
- Reward yourself for keeping the lost weight off.
- Create a plan to help you deal with setbacks, such as by creating an alternate exercise plan if weather is bad or you're injured.
- Pack healthy snacks and choose healthier restaurant options if you're traveling or dining out.
- Don't give up if you do have a setback.
- Re-evaluate your goals and challenge yourself in new ways, such as by cutting down on unhealthy foods or adding more exercise to your week.
This article: Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.