(HealthDay News) -- Thanks to increased blood and fluids in the body during pregnancy, swelling can be an uncomfortable problem.
The American Pregnancy Association suggests how to minimize swelling:
- Don't stand for long periods, and stick to comfortable shoes, avoiding high heels.
- When the weather is hot, limit your time outdoors.
- Take breaks with your feet propped up.
- Don't wear clothing that fits tightly around the ankles or wrists. Wear stockings or tights that offer support.
- Soothe swelling with a cold compress or by going for a swim.
- Drink plenty of water, and limit salt intake.
This article: Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.