(HealthDay News) -- Jumping rope is a great form of cardiovascular exercise, and it can be a lot of fun to pick one up and blow off steam.
The American Council on Exercise offers these guidelines:
- Hold the handles nearest the end of the rope with a light grip.
- Tuck elbows close to your body and keep your shoulders relaxed.
- Slightly bend your knees and keep your head up with your back straight.
- Use your wrist to turn the rope and make sure it forms a smooth arc over your head.
- Minimize impact on your knees and ankles by jumping slowly.
This article: Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.