(HealthDay News) -- Carbon monoxide is a poisonous, colorless, odorless gas that can quickly cause deadly illness.
The Colorado State University Extension suggests how to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning:
- Never run your car inside the garage.
- Don't burn charcoal inside a building, tent, garage or vehicle.
- Don't attempt to install or service a combustion appliance unless you have the proper knowledge, tools and skills.
- Never attempt to heat your home with a gas range, oven or dryer.
- Do not run an unvented gas-burning appliance inside a building, especially near where someone sleeps.
This article: Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.