(HealthDay News) -- Children seem particularly prone to ear infections, but there are things parents can do to help lower a child's risk.
The U.S. National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders offers these ear infection-prevention tips:
- Make sure your child gets the annual flu vaccine.
- Have your child wash hands frequently.
- Do not expose your child to cigarette smoke.
- Don't offer a bottle at bed or nap time.
- Keep your child away from other children who are sick.
This article: Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.