(HealthDay News) -- Repeating the same exercises day after day can lead to an overuse injury, and cause you to miss exercise when you're not feeling well.
Variety is the watchword when it comes to sticking with exercise and avoiding boredom. The American Council on Exercise suggests:
- If you're taking a break from running, try walking instead.
- Give a cross-training workout a try.
- Instead of running, try biking to give your knees a break.
- If you're a swimmer, try using a stair-stepping machine.
- If you love aerobics, try heading outdoors for a hike.
- If you've got an exercise injury, ask your doctor if it's safe for you to use a swimming pool until your injury heals.
This article: Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.