(HealthDay News) -- No one's life is stress-free, so it's important to deal with stress and prevent undue anxiety when possible.
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests these healthy ways to manage stress:
- Don't spend time worrying about things that are out of your control, such as the weather. Instead, focus on solving small problems that you can influence.
- If you're worried about an event, such as a job interview, prepare as much as possible.
- Instead of seeing change as threatening, interpret it as a positive challenge.
- Ask friends and family to talk you through bothersome events or conflicts.
- Don't over-schedule yourself.
- Make sure your goals are realistic.
- Get plenty of regular exercise, eat a healthy diet and get plenty of sleep.
- Pursue hobbies that you enjoy.
This article: Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.