Residential treatments offer round the clock stays at facilities. One remains at the treatment facility for the entire duration of the program. This level of care is best suited for:
- Those with severe addiction, characterized by the occurrence of severe withdrawal symptoms like seizures or delirium tremens.
- Co-morbid physical and mental disorders.
- Poor social support.
- Past failed attempts at quitting from outpatient treatment.
Residential Alcohol Addiction treatment offers closer and more direct supervision; and longer periods of contact with treatment team.
Inpatient Treatment vs. Outpatient Care
Treatment for alcohol addiction can be sought from inpatient as well as outpatient settings. A consultation with the therapist is recommended before choosing a particular type of treatment.
The inpatient treatment is offered through a host of different setups. These include the publicly funded addiction treatment centers; the private and luxury addiction treatment centers and executive addiction treatment centers.
- The private and luxury addiction treatment centers offer top-notch amenities in conjunction with the treatment services.
- The executive addiction treatment centers offer an opportunity to avail addiction treatment without missing the professional demands and responsibilities.
- Finally, depending on specific needs, one can search for specialized addiction treatment programs that are gender-restricted, holistic, age-specific, substance-restricted, dual-diagnosis/co-occurring disorder-specific.