Need help breaking free from addiction?
Call 24/7 for treatment options. Who Answers?



We have had a love marriage and were going around for 8 yrs. before marriage. We have been having problems even before marriage. But we got married assuming we are too much in love. I am a very violent women. I don’t know what happens to me in the night? I accuse my husband of things he might have never dream of doing. I misbehave with him, call him names and make his life hell. The outcome of which is: he gets physical with me and beats me. I am very tired of all this. I feel he no longer loves and cares for me. And he gives more attention to others but me. He never does anything that I want him to do for me. I am extremely jealous of any girls he has as friends, and have become very suspicious of him. What he does, where he has been etc? I don’t want to be like this. This is not the actual me. I love him very much and am scared that I have almost lost him because of this behaviour of mine. Please advice me what to do and how to overcome this.

This Disclaimer applies to the Answer Below
  • ‘Anne’ is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
  • ‘Anne’ bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
  • Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
  • Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
  • No correspondence takes place.
  • No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by ‘Anne’ to people submitting questions.
  • ‘Anne’, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. ‘Anne’ and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
  • Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.

If you are determined to set your marriage straight, I suggest that you and your husband seek professional counseling. This person may be able to help you learn non-violent techniques in handling your emotions, and he or she will help to foster healthier communication between the both of you. Take care, – Anne

More "Ask Anne" View Columnists


Call the Helpline Toll-FREE

To Get Treatment Options Now.

1-888-993-3112 Who Answers? 100% Confidential

Get Help For You or a Loved One Here...

Click Here for More Info.


Call The Toll-FREE Helpline 24/7 To Get Treatment Options Now.

100% Confidential
Get Treatment Options From Your Phone... Tap to Expand