Allan Schwartz, LCSW, Ph.D. has been in private practice for more than twenty-five years and is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the states of Colorado (#127) and New York (#R039535). Dr. Schwartz is a Certified Psychoanalyst having graduated from NPAP (National Psychological Association for Psychoanalysis) in 1992. He now lives, practices, and writes about psychotherapy in the Boulder, Colorado area.
Ask Dr. Schwartz
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.
Our rating system
Our reviews come from verified users — just like you!
The star ratings are based on the overall rating of each brand. Some reviews are provided via third party suppliers. We encourage you to write a review of your experiences with these brands.
- web ratings
- editorial reviews
based on web ratings We’ve scoured the web in search of credible sources of ratings and reviews data on providers we feature. We believe this helps provide a more holistic view of how each provider is scoring, and can be an additional point of consideration when making your decision of which provider may be right for you.
based on 0 Mental Help reviews These are ratings and reviews we’ve collected directly on our site from our visitors. We’re working to grow this database quickly, and verify as many reviews as possible to offer an additional data point for you to consider when choosing the right provider for you.
Designed to Help You Feel Better Daily
Download Now For Free