1-888-993-3112

Shy Guy

Question:

hey Anne, I like this girl in my school and I walk around with her and talk to her, but I am very shy about asking for numbers or dates. Any advise?

Answer:

Shyness is real and can paralyze a person. However, it is also important to put these things in perspective. When you are 70 years old and looking back on this what do you want to remember? That you were afraid of being rejected and so did not ask and lost a potentially nice opportunity to have a friend and maybe to share love? Or that you made peace with your fear and asked her out anyway. Myself, I vote for you to gather your courage ask her for a date. What is the worst thing that can happen? You get rejected. It might hurt for a while but it definitively will not kill you. If you act you might find that she likes you too. You have nothing to fear but fear itself.