Need help breaking free from addiction?
Call 24/7 for treatment options. Who Answers?

Am I Suffering A Kind Of Psychological Problem?


I’m a 22 year old girl. Fo a while, I’m going so crazy… I really don’t like talking to family. I prefer my computer, not even studying…I’ve lost any reason to do anything, even studying…I’m going to be graduated in 5 months. I am having bad dreams ….and not really enjoy being with my boyfriend or our talks… I’m usually not in a good mood, except some times if I’m in the university or in a class teaching kids. The rest of the time I’m like a dead person . What should iIdo really?

This Disclaimer applies to the Answer Below
  • Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
  • Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
  • Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
  • No correspondence takes place.
  • No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
  • Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
  • Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.

From your description of how you are feeling and functioning it does seem as though you might be experiencing depression. Of course, this is a difficult period in your life, as you prepare to graduate and enter into the real world of work and life. Like so many of us at your age, this will be the first time of not going to some type of school after graduation. Many young people become depressed, anxious and worried about what life will be like during the coming years.

What I have said so far is very general. In addition to these things it seems like a good guess that other things are bothering you as well.

I suggest, very strongly, that you make an appointment with a psychologist and have yourself diagnosed and begin treatment. I understand that you are a student and most universities have a student health center that includes psychologists, a psychiatrist and social workers. It is important that you not waste a moment and go there and make an appointment. You can tell them exactly the same things that you wrote here and they will take the next steps.

You are young and have a full life ahead of you. There is no need to suffer by doing nothing about this. Go to the health center and ask for help now.

Best of luck to you.

More "Ask Dr. Schwartz" View Columnists


Call the Helpline Toll-FREE

To Get Treatment Options Now.

1-888-993-3112 Who Answers? 100% Confidential

Get Help For You or a Loved One Here...

Click Here for More Info.


Call The Toll-FREE Helpline 24/7 To Get Treatment Options Now.

100% Confidential
Get Treatment Options From Your Phone... Tap to Expand