1-888-993-3112

Am I Suffering A Kind Of Psychological Problem?

Question:

I’m a 22 year old girl. Fo a while, I’m going so crazy… I really don’t like talking to family. I prefer my computer, not even studying…I’ve lost any reason to do anything, even studying…I’m going to be graduated in 5 months. I am having bad dreams ….and not really enjoy being with my boyfriend or our talks… I’m usually not in a good mood, except some times if I’m in the university or in a class teaching kids. The rest of the time I’m like a dead person . What should iIdo really?

Answer:

From your description of how you are feeling and functioning it does seem as though you might be experiencing depression. Of course, this is a difficult period in your life, as you prepare to graduate and enter into the real world of work and life. Like so many of us at your age, this will be the first time of not going to some type of school after graduation. Many young people become depressed, anxious and worried about what life will be like during the coming years.

What I have said so far is very general. In addition to these things it seems like a good guess that other things are bothering you as well.

I suggest, very strongly, that you make an appointment with a psychologist and have yourself diagnosed and begin treatment. I understand that you are a student and most universities have a student health center that includes psychologists, a psychiatrist and social workers. It is important that you not waste a moment and go there and make an appointment. You can tell them exactly the same things that you wrote here and they will take the next steps.

You are young and have a full life ahead of you. There is no need to suffer by doing nothing about this. Go to the health center and ask for help now.

Best of luck to you.