1-888-993-3112

Attraction Outside The Marriage

Question:

I am a married woman, but I find myself very attracted to someone else. What should I do?

Answer:

You and your husband exchanged vows with each other and promised to remain faithful throughout your marriage. Unless you are ready to give up what you have in your current relationship, I strongly recommend not pursuing someone else. Take a look at the reasons why your eyes are wandering. Marriage takes a lot of work, and oftentimes, individuals get caught up in the daily grind and forget to take the time to be romantic or tell each other how much they mean to each other. Sometimes, a relationship just needs to be spiced up a bit in order to renew the attraction that brought you together in the first place. Depending on the length of your marriage, you may have lost a bit of that initial infatuation which could be a reason why you find yourself attracted to someone else. In many marriages, initial infatuation turns into a longtime, deeply felt, intimate love, based on more than looks or a funny sense of humor. Hope that helps, – Anne