Need help breaking free from addiction?
Call 24/7 for treatment options. Who Answers?

Bad Health And A Bum Husband


i am at my breaking point,my husband continues to use drugs even though we are going bankrupt.i borrowed money to try and save our house from foreclosure,but a restraining order was put on our bank acc.i am unable to work because of severe copd, depression,&emphysema;i am waiting to hear from soc. sec..isuspect that my husband is looking for extra relationships becuse i found that he sent love messages on line…please help me.

This Disclaimer applies to the Answer Below
  • ‘Anne’ is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
  • ‘Anne’ bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
  • Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
  • Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
  • No correspondence takes place.
  • No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by ‘Anne’ to people submitting questions.
  • ‘Anne’, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. ‘Anne’ and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
  • Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.

There isn’t much that I can say to make things better except that my heart does go out to you; I know you are in a lot of pain and I hope that you will be able to find your way to a better place. You have a complex set of problems happening that really require local attention and support. My best suggestion is that you look up your local community mental health center and see if you can get an appointment there for help with your depression and with practical advice (if they can give it) for how to manage your domestic situation. If you can manage it, you might consider attending a 12-step meeting for families of addicts (such as Al Anon). Some form of local practical counseling and support would seem to be of benefit given your stressful situation and poor health. Good luck.

More "Ask Anne" View Columnists


Call the Helpline Toll-FREE

To Get Treatment Options Now.

1-888-993-3112 Who Answers? 100% Confidential

Get Help For You or a Loved One Here...

Click Here for More Info.


Call The Toll-FREE Helpline 24/7 To Get Treatment Options Now.

100% Confidential
Get Treatment Options From Your Phone... Tap to Expand