Me and my ex husband have gotten back together. We have been together for almost year. Now he got mad at me about a phone call from my friend whom he said he didn’t believe so I called her and proved my point. The next night he was with another girl. What does that tell me?
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.
A solid marriage is based on trust. For some reason, your ex husband does not trust you and you do not trust him. The fact that he was found with another woman certainly sends a clear message that you have solid reasons for not trusting him. It seems obvious that, if two people are attempting to give their marriage a second chance that they would avoid affairs with other people.
There are probably more complexities here than shows up on the surface. For example, the reasons why you divorced in the first place may never have been resolved. In other words, there are lots of issues between the two of you, including lots of anger, that were never discussed and left to fester.
In any case, what all of this tells you is that the relationship is over. Your Email suggests that you did not marry each other again. If so, that should make it easier to go your separate ways. After all, it’s a very hurtfuful thing to discover that your ex husband is having an affair after you are trying to work out your differences. Perhaps the real message is that it’s time for you to move on.
Best of Luck