1-888-993-3112

Can't Stop Taking Dr. Prescribed Pills

Question:

for 2 years I have been taking zopiclone , sleeping tablets and at the moment iam finding it hard to stop taking them as I think I have become dependant on them . I also have started to take them during the day to get by , I also find that they help me to exercise alot . how can I can I control this , I don’t want to tell my Dr as he might take them off me.

Answer:

I wasn’t able to find any info on your “zopiclone” medication in my five minute search – but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist (or a psychologist for that matter!) to see that you may be in the grips of an addiction process. My strong recommendation is that you seek help from your physician (or a different physician if your main physician won’t address your concern). Lots of people get addicted to medicines prescribed by their physicians. This is a big and sometimes dangerous aspect of dealing with physicians – who don’t always recognize the new dangers they can create for patients as they treat. Addiction is not a good thing at any time and is only acceptable in my mind if there is no other reasonable alternative treatment that can provide relief of the condition. No responsible doctor will just yank your medications if you are addicted to them. Rather – he or she can be expected to slowly wean you from them while providing alternative therapy to address your symptoms. Getting un-addicted isn’t fun – but being addicted is even less fun.