hello,this is the first time i visit your website and it’s a coincidence done by google.no offence. i have this feeling ,i dont know what it is but it’s really bothering me.i feel like im gonna die or like my heart is gonna explode.i fall asleep at sunrise crying and a couple of hours later i wake up crying again.and my drems are scary.this depression is leading me to a really bad track.what shall i do to get rid of it? please concider my feelings and try your best to help me.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.
It is very important that you know that you are experiencing depression. You also seem fearful that you will be judged as in your asking us not to be offended because you found us by coincidence. There is no offense taken and we are happy to answer your questions to the best of our ability. My instincts tell me that you are experiencing both depression and anxiety. Of course, it is common for these to go together.
You need to be evaluated by either your medical doctor or by a psychiatrist for the diagnosis that best fits your problems. Then, it will be important for you to begin medication to help relieve you of these symptoms. In addition to medication, you should be referred to a psychotherapist to help you learn what causes these awful feelings and to learn how to avoid them.
The fact is that the sooner you go for help the better off you will be. There is no longer any reason why someone like yourself should suffer with sadness, tears and sleeplessness when psychiatry and psychotherapy can help you feel much better and allow you to move on with your life. The symptoms certainly do sound like depression so, please, go for help.
If you do not have a psychiatrist your family doctor can evaluate you and prescribe medication although he could also refer you to a psychiatrist. Also, if you have insurance there may be psychiatrists on your insurance plan whom you could call and make an appointment to see. Either way, act now and start to live a better life.
Best of Luck