Need help breaking free from addiction?
Call 24/7 for treatment options. Who Answers?

Cheating, Story No. 2,901


About seven months ago, I caught my husband with another woman on two separate occasions. Our marriage has been rocky for the last 15 years off and on out of 21. He says they are only friends, but I feel differently. This has caused several blowouts with each other the last being almost 3 weeks ago. I made him move out 5 weeks ago and want him to come home as I love him deeply. He doesn’t want to talk about the problem and I tell him to please leave me alone by not stoping by or phoning but after a day or two he will call. We have a 13 year old but this is not the reason he calls me. He is keeping me on an emotional roller coaster and does tell me that a divorce is a life-long decision and he doesn’t know what he wants for sure. I am going crazy not knowing what he wants for sure since this has been going on for the last seven months. Please give me some clue as how to handle this situation, I just don’t know how to get him to tell me what he wants.

This Disclaimer applies to the Answer Below
  • ‘Anne’ is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
  • ‘Anne’ bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
  • Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
  • Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
  • No correspondence takes place.
  • No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by ‘Anne’ to people submitting questions.
  • ‘Anne’, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. ‘Anne’ and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
  • Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.

I think you know how to handle it, but you’re just looking for reassurance and support for your decision. Your decision was to have him move out, and as far as I can tell — as long as he isn’t willing to discuss, work on the problem, and actually change his behaviors — it was the right decision to make. Stick to your guns! A person who would truly care about you and your happiness would be willing to try and change a behavior which seriously hurts you and hurts the marriage. Until he’s willing to make the effort to change, you should file for that divorce. There are men out there who do care for women and don’t cheat on them. Hopefully, you’ll eventually find one. Take care, – Anne

More "Ask Anne" View Columnists


Call the Helpline Toll-FREE

To Get Treatment Options Now.

1-888-993-3112 Who Answers? 100% Confidential

Get Help For You or a Loved One Here...

Click Here for More Info.


Call The Toll-FREE Helpline 24/7 To Get Treatment Options Now.

100% Confidential
Get Treatment Options From Your Phone... Tap to Expand