1-888-993-3112

Dating My Wife

Question:

I am separated, but still involved with my wife. I would like to know if it’s unreasonable for me to expect that she keeps dates with me, or let me know when she needs to cancel. She has her daughter call to tell me that she will call, but she never does. This bothers me a great deal. She apologizes, but does it regularly. I tried to explain how much this annoys me, but to no avail. She takes off and then doesn’t call. I guess I should stop expecting her to inform me of changes in her schedule, but can’t seem to…

Answer:

You have every right to be annoyed by your wife’s actions; she is being inconsiderate. No, she doesn’t answer to you anymore, but that does not entitle her to be rude. Would she treat her friends the same way? I doubt it. My only suggestion is to try talking to her again, but this time make it clear to her how inconvenient her changes in schedule are for you. She needs to learn to stop making dates with you if she is not going to keep them. Bring this problem to her attention. Let her know that you do not expect her to tell you why she must cancel, but that she is canceling. Sincerely, – Anne