1-888-993-3112

DBS

Question:

After dealing with 20+ years of depression, numerous pills and uncountable bouts of being in the "dark", I began reading about DBS. To me it sound like a last chance of survival for me. I can’t and won’t live like this anymore. I’ve destroyed too many people around me and I don’t want to hurt them anymore. Please let me know about this treatment and if you could refer me to a hospital. Thank you, booboo.

Answer:

The type of psychotherapy you are referring to is Dialectical Behaioral Therapy. It is very effective with people who experience the types of symptoms you are alluding to. What it does is combine Cognitive Behavioral Therapy with Meditation and deep relaxation so that powerful emotions such as anger and rage as well as depression and others are coped with in ways that are much healthier.

However, I cannot refer you to a hospital nor does a person have to be in a hospital in order to enter this type of therapy.

Having said that, I want to make clear that if you are feeling like you are going to hurt yourself or someone else you should either call 911 have them bring you to the hospital or go to the hospital emergency room yourself and check your self in for those reasons.

If you are in no danger, then you need to find a clinic or out patient psychiatric department that is connected to a hospital that practices DBT.

Do not give up hope and Good Luck

DBS is for Deep Brain Stimulation, while DBT is for Dialectical Behaviour Therapy. Big difference.