1-888-993-3112

Hanging On

Question:

I’ve been in a marriage for nearly 14 years, and there has been numerous affairs. Two beautiful children, lots of good times, but a lot of bad memories also, even in my dreams. Guess I’m wondering if I’m still wasting time or if I should continue in this relationship?

Answer:

For you to be questioning your relationship this seriously, it sounds to me like there might be something more going on than what you stated. Marriage counseling could help you and your spouse work out your difficulties. When you say that there have been numerous affairs, do you mean in a sexual nature or are you using a looser definition such as life events? While I can give you some advice, the decision will come down to you. Realize that any decision you make will significantly affect your life, your spouse’s life, and your children. Best of Luck, – Anne