1-888-993-3112

He'll Never Marry Me

Question:

I recently moved in w/my boyfriend. He told me he’d never marry me & furthermore has made it a point to never tell me loves me. Although this hurts me I still moved in. I have not felt welcomed by him (offered me no closet room or drawers), doesn’t want to agree upon any financial arrangements, and from the first morning when he left w/o saying goodbye — he’s been mean to me. I tried to move out over the weekend but stopped when he claimed to need more time to adapt to me living there. Days have past, & I still feel the same sadness vs. “high” I should have with this event. Are we wrong for each other & or should I move out into my own place or give it more time.

Answer:

I’d say based on what you’ve reported here that you are not made for each other and that it is abundantly clear that you are wasting your time with this man, if in fact you want a good mutually supportive and loving relationship with him. How much clearer does he have to be? He’s told you that he won’t marry you and doesn’t love you. He’s been mean to you. Now I know he may be more complex than this and that you two may have had some good times together, but realistically – do you want a man who is going to play games with you (in the best case scenario) and is just messing with your mind and abusing you (in the worst case scenario)? I would never stand to be treated in this manner, and I can’t for the life of me understand why you would think so little of yourself that you would either.