1-888-993-3112

Help With ADD

Question:

I need help with ADD, I feel mood swingy around some people that I don’t really do can you help me?

Answer:

The fact that you feel "mood swingy" indicates that you may suffer from either Attention Deficit Disorder or from Bipolar Disorder. It is often difficult for clinicians to differentiate between the two disorders. The reason for this difficulty is the simple fact that the symptoms of each disorder resemble each other in certain ways. For example, hyperactive behavior in an adult can be easily mistaken for a manic episode in Bipolar disorder. Depression is a factor in both disorders and that can add to the confusion. However, one clear indicator of Bipolar disorder is what you refer to as mood swings. People with Bipolar can have slowly or rapidly shifting moods that range from elation and delusions of having boundless powers all the way to the deepest depression.

What I urge you to do is see a psychiatrist for the purpose of having yourself properly diagnosed. Diagnosis is vitally important in the practice of psychiatry. The correct diagnosis dictates which medications will be used to reduce and manage symptoms. If you do have a form of ADD you will be administered medications that will help you focus your attention and your behavior if you also have hyperactivity. If you are diagnosed with Bipolar disorder you will be prescribed medications known as mood stabilizers that will help prevent severe mood swings. In either case you will feel a lot better and will discover that you can interact with people with greater ease. In addition, you will need to learn about the nature of your disorder and how to manage it whichever one it happens to be.

Do not delay. Go and get yourself evaluated in order that you get onto the road of recovery.

.