Dr., I have this girl who always tells me she is not ready for sex, but she always pushes me into it and when it is time for sex she refuses. I get my penis erect and she laughs at me, and I am very weak.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.
Based on what you have written, the only conclusion and piece of advice I can offer you is to stop seeing her and find another girl friend.
What this girl is doing is extremely unkind and even nasty. Perhaps this is her way to deal with her own sexual problems, but I do not know. What I do know is that there are lots and lots of really nice girls out there who would never treat their boy friend this way.
I do not want to appear to be mean about this but I really see no reason why you or anyone would want to stay with someone who behaves in such a thoughtless and insensitive way.
Get another girl friend.
Best of Luck