I have been rejected. I am very depressed. I love that girl and proposed to her. She directly rejected me. What should I do make her fall in love with me? I am crazy after her. Help me. S.O.S.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.
It is always painful to be rejected by someone you believe you love. However, this frequently happens in the search for a life time partner. While it is very painful at the moment, you need to remind yourself that these feelings will pass and you will meet another woman. There is no way you can make her fall in love with you. In fact, why would you want to be with someone who rejected you? You should want to be with someone who cares as much about you as you do about about her. That is what you need to look for after you recover from your sad emotional reaction. As my long gone grandmother, who could sometimes be a great philosopher, would say, “This, too, shall pass.”
Don’t let her make you crazy and get ready to move on once you get over these sad emotions. That woman who will love you is out there, waiting for you.
Best of Luck