1-888-993-3112

Jb Writes:

Question:

I am an incest survivor. As a child, I realized my dad was molesting my male friends. I believe I am totally asexual. I have no sexual feelings for either sex. I can masturbate to orgasm, but I cannot orgasm with a partner. I have been in therapy for 4 years. It has helped me a lot, but I have yet to recover my sexuality. Any advice? I am rather frustrated.

Answer:

First of all, I would like to congratulate you on having the good sense to seek therapy. If you haven’t already, ask your therapist for a referral to someone experienced in sex therapy. Work on sex therapy in addition to your normal therapy. A therapist specializing in human sexuality will be more likely to help you with this specific problem. Also keep in mind that sexual gratification has a lot to do with your partner. Sometimes the emotional aspect can be more important than the physical. Research shows that as many as 50% of all women experience arousal difficulties at some point in their lives. Keep the lines of communication open. Identify your needs to your partner. Good luck to you, – Anne