1-888-993-3112

Low Sexual Desire

Question:

Since the Birth of my son fourteen months ago, I have lost all interest in sex. My partner and I have been together several years and before the baby our sex life was great. Sometimes(very rarely though) I do desire to have sex. Mostly however, I will make any excuse not to. I do enjoy it after we have started, and I do orgasm. I just don’t understand where my desire went. I had a natural child birth without any complications. Do I have a lack of testosterone now, or could it be something else? Please help. It is not only frustrating to me but my partner also.

Answer:

I’m no doctor and have no idea if you’ve got a hormone imbalance. I can only tell you that your desire less state is a recognized type of sexual problem that occurs sometimes, and that there may be help available. Have you discussed this difficulty with your doctor? I hope that you will if you have not as your doctor is in a good position to be able to help you. You may also want to consult with a sexual therapist or psychologist specializing in sexuality. I’m not sure what can be done, but these types of professionals will know if anyone does. Good luck in figuring this all out. In the meantime, keep your husband in the loop. Let him know that you recognize there is a problem and that you are working on it. Enlist his help in helping to work it out.