1-888-993-3112

Mastery Of Anxiety And Panic

Question:

Have you heard of a treatment called MAP (Mastery of Anxiety and Panic)? I am told that it is the most effective treatment for panic disorder. When I look this term up on the net, I can not find any links…

Answer:

I have most definitely heard of MAP and can confirm that it is absolutely one of the better (if not the very best) psychotherapeutic approaches for treating panic disorder. This therapy was developed at SUNY Albany around the time when I was undergraduate there (middle 1980s). I knew the professors who created this therapy and can absolutely vouch for their rigorous research-based approach to developing treatments.

<

p> MAP is a therapist-administered therapy program based on cognitive behavioral principles. MAP guidebooks are available for therapists and clients. MAP can be found on the web at Graywind Publications’ website.