1-888-993-3112

Merlin Writes:

Question:

I am bipolar. What do you do when you get annoyed all the time by every little thing? How do you catch yourself and stop becoming annoyed? My doc says it’s a trait of bipolar disorder. How do I stop becoming annoyed?

Answer:

Although your problem is a trait of Bipolar disorder, it is also a problem shared by many. Are you seeing a therapist that is experienced in treating Bipolar disorder? This sounds like a problem that your therapist should be helping you with instead of just sweeping it under the rug. My suggestion is to relax. Ask yourself why you are annoyed by certain things. Can you find a pattern in the things you annoy you? Take a deep breath and tell yourself to relax. Think before you react to a situation. Often times our reactions may be overreactions. I also suggest talking to others living with Bipolar disorder. There are many good resources available on the Internet. provides a broad listing of Bipolar resources. Perhaps someone will be willing to share some personal advice. Good Luck, – Anne