1-888-993-3112

My Ex Is Moving On...

Question:

I have been divorced for 6 months. The ex-husband has found someone who he thinks he is in love with and intends on marrying in December. I am depressed and feel like I really screwed up. I’m not sure what to do.

Answer:

It is not uncommon for a person to second-guess their decisions after the other person has moved on to a new relationship… It may help to realize that your feelings of screwing up are natural. People can do one of two things: they can either ruminate and become depressed about their situation or they can take charge of their destiny. Why don’t you channel your depressive energy into positive action and get on with your life…? Perhaps it’s time to stop beating yourself up over the past and start looking to the future… Hopefully his marriage will bring some closure to your situation…. Best of luck to you, – Anne