I am an 18 year old female, and I am having difficulty achieving an orgasm. I’ve been sexually active for about 1 month. Could you suggest some techniques to help me? I am extremely upset over this problem.
- ‘Anne’ is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- ‘Anne’ bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by ‘Anne’ to people submitting questions.
- ‘Anne’, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. ‘Anne’ and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.
It is not uncommon for women to have difficulty in this area. Many women are not able to achieve an orgasm through intercourse, but don’t let this discourage you. It is during foreplay that many women orgasm. Although it is somewhat of a taboo in our society, I suggest you experiment with your body. Find out what arouses you. You will then be better able to inform your partner what you need. Just give yourself some time, and it will happen. Sincerely, – Anne