1-888-993-3112

Seriously Jealous

Question:

I want to know if i am seriously jealous of anyone that is a female around my boyfriend, including his mother, is that some sort of psychological disorder?

Answer:

My first guess would probably be that the word “insecurity” would be a better description than “psychological disorder” for what you are describing. But then again, I have no idea really what you mean when you say “seriously jealous”, and nor do I know anything about your past relationship history. Being insecure after having lived a pleasant childhood would be weird; it would make sense if you have had issues and abuse situations at the hands of females before. If you’re concerned about this, I recommend seeing if you can talk about it with a counselor for a few sessions. It could take a load off your mind to share it with someone safe and get a better handle on what is happening.