1-888-993-3112

SHOULD I BE AFRAID?

Question:

Not long ago my husband got drunk and said he had a girlfriend — one month after I found out I had Parkinson’s. He’s 36, I’m 51. Another time when he was drunk (he will say almost anything) he said he tried to make me happy so he could get toys — he showed me a picture of a motorcycle he wanted. He had talked about getting guns. He said he’d rather get a boat. I can’t swim and don’t trust him enough to go out on a boat with him. He told me about this beautiful “remote” area. All he talks about is six to eight months from now. When he found out I had PD he wanted me to take out burial insurance. He has had friends whose parents mysteriosly died and they inherited a lot of money. He thinks that’s cool. He is very loving toward me most of the time. Do I have a reason to be afraid?

Answer:

If, for any reason, you do not feel safe in the company of your husband, or anyone else for that matter, it is important that you take the necessary efforts to remove yourself from the situation. If you cannot trust your husband, who can you trust? I would seriously contemplate speaking with a professional who may help you decide what is best for you, and what steps you’ll need to take to get yourself in the right direction. I hope this helps, – Anne